The participants who complete this training program will be certified by the American Academy of Pediatrics® (AAP®) and American Heart Association® (AHA®) as a PEARS Provider. This course is designed for medical providers (EMTs, LPNs, RNs not in emergency or intensive care) to review how to assess, care for and resuscitate pediatric patients with respiratory, shock, and cardiac emergencies. With this training, you can better understand how to reduce mortality of pediatric patients. Skills and treatments of potential and actual pediatric victims of cardiopulmonary emergencies. Skills include respiratory management, defibrillation, fluid administration, and team dynamics, with emphasis on high quality CPR. American Heart Association certification card provided.
8 hours for recognition & renewal, with DVD presentation, lecture, practical application, written exam & skills tests.
Current BLS Provider Certification
All healthcare providers, such as EMTs, nurses, nurse aids, technicians, and unit clerks who may respond to pediatric emergencies and resuscitation. May also be for advanced level providers on years opposite PALS certification.
The textbook pictured below is the required version for this course. If your textbook does not look like the one below, you will have to purchase the appropriate textbook through APHE at checkout.
The textbook for each course is required at the course. If you do not have a textbook at the course, you will be expected to purchase one from the instructor.
Click a course to the right or narrow by location on our registration page.
No upcoming dates set. Contact APHE to express interest in this course.
Easy to schedule, many available classes, great price—probably the best ACLS renewal I have taken!
- RN, ACLS renewal participant
I really enjoyed this class. I'm not going to say that I can save a life, but now I can put forth an effort to try.
- Municipal Fleet Mechanic, Heartsaver CPR/AED Participant
Instructor was very knowledgeable.
- RN, ACLS Provider Recognition Participant
Enjoyed his sense of humor.
- Oncologist, ACLS Provider Renewal participant
Excellent. Thank you!
- RT/Director of Respiratory Department, ACLS Provider Recognition participant
A great course! I would recommend this course and instructor to anyone.
- RN/NP Student, PALS Provider Recognition participant
Overall, it was a great experienced. I feel I learned a lot.
- Nursing Student, BLS for Healthcare Providers participant
Very well-taught and learned a lot of new and possible future protocols for ACLS.
- Paramedic, ACLS Provider Renewal participant
Easy to enroll, practical teaching approach, with real scenarios and examples.
- Paramedic/Deputy Director of Operations, ACLS Provider Renewal participant
Adam’s way of teaching makes the information more memorable and fun.
- Intermediate, PHTLS Provider participant
- Child Care Specialist, Heartsaver CPR/AED participant
Excellent lecture, excellent speakers. Perfect!
- Paramedic, ACLS for Experienced Providers participant
Very useful information effectively taught and clearly presented.
- Public Health Nurse, BLS for Healthcare Providers participant
Instructor was very helpful in explaining, and we had a lot of hands-on and discussion.
- Elementary School teacher, Heartsaver CPR/AED/First Aid participant
Very well organized, friendly, easy to understand.
- RN, BLS for Healthcare Providers participant