The participants who complete this training program will be certified by the American Academy of Pediatrics® (AAP®) and American Heart Association® (AHA®) as a PEARS Provider. This course is designed for medical providers (EMTs, LPNs, RNs not in emergency or intensive care) to review how to assess, care for and resuscitate pediatric patients with respiratory, shock, and cardiac emergencies. With this training, you can better understand how to reduce mortality of pediatric patients. Skills and treatments of potential and actual pediatric victims of cardiopulmonary emergencies. Skills include respiratory management, defibrillation, fluid administration, and team dynamics, with emphasis on high quality CPR. American Heart Association certification card provided.
8 hours for recognition & renewal, with DVD presentation, lecture, practical application, written exam & skills tests.
Current BLS Provider Certification
All healthcare providers, such as EMTs, nurses, nurse aids, technicians, and unit clerks who may respond to pediatric emergencies and resuscitation. May also be for advanced level providers on years opposite PALS certification.
The Textbook shown is the required version for this course. If your textbook does not look like the one below, please add either a physical book or eBook to your order when registering for the course. If your course is within five days, please purchase an eBook, as we cannot guarantee delivery of a physical book prior to your course.
The textbook for each course is required at the course. There is a written exam at the end of the course, and it is an open book test. It is necessary for you to have your own book.
Click a course to the right or narrow by location on our registration page.
No upcoming dates set. Contact APHE to express interest in this course.
Convenient & comfortable to complete in our office with the team. Thanks!
- Dentist, BLS for Healthcare Providers & ACLS participant
Great job—Everything from initial contact on internet, follow up for start of class, class itself, etc was top notch! Thank you! Great group of instructors!
- Intermediate, PHTLS Provider Participant
Highly recommend—Adam does a great job speaking concisely regarding ACLS protocol.
- Resident Physician, ACLS Provider Recognition Participant
Very easy to register on short notice. Very accommodating.
- Pediatrician, PALS Provider Recognition participant
Enjoyed his sense of humor.
- Oncologist, ACLS Provider Renewal participant
Adam did a good job explaining new issues/material. Very thorough with his teaching. Would recommend him for any class, any level of healthcare. He does a great job!
- Assistant Fire Chief/Paramedic, ACLS Provider Renewal participant
Adam was a GREAT instructor!!
- CCRN/Unit Supervisor, ACLS Provider Renewal participant
Very good instruction!
- Child Care Specialist, Heartsaver CPR/AED participant
- Paramedic, ACLS for Experienced Providers participant
The instructor makes the course fun, so it makes it easier to learn.
- C.N.A., BLS for Healthcare Providers participant
Very funny! Made it fun!
- Child care specialist, Heartsaver CPR/AED participant
The energy the instructor had was great and positive. I liked him a lot.
- RN, BLS for Healthcare Providers participant
Great job! Very organized & engaging. Excellent teaching.
- CNA, BLS for Healthcare Providers Participant
Instructor was very good. Kept the flow of the course well. Had stories that kept the class interesting.
- Medical Assistant, BLS for Healthcare Providers Participant