Basic heart electrophysiology, normal ECG measurements, basic arrhythmias, & how to integrate ECGs into ACLS or PALS algorithms.
4 hours, with lecture and practical application.
Health care providers preparing to work in tele units or take ACLS or PALS course.
The Textbook shown is the required version for this course. If your textbook does not look like the one below, please add either a physical book or eBook to your order when registering for the course. If your course is within five days, please purchase an eBook, as we cannot guarantee delivery of a physical book prior to your course.
The textbook for each course is required at the course. There is a written exam at the end of the course, and it is an open book test. It is necessary for you to have your own book.
Click a course to the right or narrow by location on our registration page.
No upcoming dates set. Contact APHE to express interest in this course.
I really enjoyed this class. I'm not going to say that I can save a life, but now I can put forth an effort to try.
- Municipal Fleet Mechanic, Heartsaver CPR/AED Participant
Excellent explanations given, good interaction with students.
- EMT, PHTLS Provider Participant
The whole course was very helpful. This course was well-needed.
- Paramedic, PHTLS Provider Participant
Loved not having the stressful area and situations.
- RN, BLS for Healthcare Providers Participant
Well organized and to the point. Best CPR refresher I’ve had in 15 years as an EMT.
- EMT, BLS for Healthcare Providers participant
Nikki was great! She delivered extremely valuable information that I was unaware of in other CPR courses. I really enjoyed the class.
- RN, BLS for Healthcare Providers participant
Excellent instructors, very knowledgeable, and learned a lot!
- RN, ACLS Provider Renewal participant
Really made me think—great information!
- RN, PHTLS Provider participant
Excellent course and teacher.
- Librarian, Heartsaver CPR/AED participant
Well taught with good baseline information.
- Paramedic, PHTLS Provider participant
Adam was personable, funny, and made a long, late-in-the-day class not horrible. Thanks!
- Child care specialist, Heartsaver CPR/AED participant
Great lessons and new information—no changes.
- C.N.A., BLS for Healthcare Providers participant
Instructor very nice, helpful & willing to answer questions, take time to display etc...
- Pharmacist, BLS for Healthcare Providers Participant
Nikki was great and I learned alot!
- Medical Assistant, BLS for Healthcare Providers Participant