The participants who complete this training program will be certified by the American Academy of Pediatrics® (AAP®) as an NRP Provider. This course is designed for advanced level medical provider (nurses, respiratory, physicians, paramedics) to review how to assess, care for and resuscitate neonatal patients in the first few seconds to minutes after birth. Skills include stimulation, respiratory management, CPR, fluid administration, intubation, medications, and team dynamics. American Academy of Pediatrics certification card provided.
Online course includes presentation and written test; Classroom portion (2 hours) includes practical application and a skills test.
Online 7th Edition NRP Provider Course (www.aap.org/nrp); additional online course fee applies.
Healthcare providers who care for neonates or newborns, such as ambulance personnel, NICU staff, L&D staff, and other healthcare providers who participate in neonatal emergency care & resuscitation.
The textbook pictured below is the required version for this course. If your textbook does not look like the one below, you will have to purchase the appropriate textbook through APHE at checkout.
The textbook for each course is required at the course. If you do not have a textbook at the course, you will be expected to purchase one from the instructor.
Click a course to the right or narrow by location on our registration page.
No upcoming dates set. Contact APHE to express interest in this course.
Need recert for my job as an EMT Basic, Awesome Instructor.
- EMT, BLS for Healthcare Providers participant
Convenience, small class size, non-tech college, instructor understands my work environment. Keep up the good work!
- RN, ACLS recognition participant
Course was conducted very professionally; learned some new information. Thanks!
- MD, ACLS Provider Renewal Participant
Very good course.
- RN, ACLS Provider Renewal Participant
Enjoyed his sense of humor.
- Oncologist, ACLS Provider Renewal participant
Instructor was excellent! Made it entertaining and fun and kept our attention. Good sense of humor and charisma. I learned a lot!
- Heartsaver CPR/AED participant
Easy to enroll, practical teaching approach, with real scenarios and examples.
- Paramedic/Deputy Director of Operations, ACLS Provider Renewal participant
Thanks for a great class!
- C.N.A., BLS for Healthcare Providers participant
Adam’s way of teaching makes the information more memorable and fun.
- Intermediate, PHTLS Provider participant
Adam is a very good teacher and easy to talk to.
- Dental Hygienist, BLS for Healthcare Providers participant
Great Class—fast with little down time. Would definitely take again here.
- RN, BLS for Healthcare Providers participant
Instructor was clear, answered questions so we could understand instructions. Was very knowledgeable and held our attention.
- NP Student, ACLS Participant
I was very pleased with this course and found it more helpful then the courses I recieved during pharmacy school.
- Pharmacist, BLS for Healthcare Providers Participant
Thank you Nikki very much for clear simple review and instruction. I was at first nervous about the class.
- NP Student, BLS for Healthcare Providers Participant
Very good presentations and practical info and application.
- Medical Assistant, BLS for Healthcare Providers Participant