The participants who complete this training program will be certified by the American Heart Association® (AHA®) as an ACLS Experienced Provider. This course is designed to replace an ACLS renewal to discuss how to resuscitate an adult patient in cardiac arrest or a peri-arrest situation from the perspective of a team leader. With this training, you can better understand how to reduce mortality adult patients suffering from cardiovascular problems, including acute coronary syndromes and acute ischemic strokes. Discussion will include reversible causes of arrest, and include hypothermia, asthma, electrolyte imbalances, and special resuscitation considerations. American Heart Association certification eCard provided.
Eight hours for recognition or renewal, with practical application, discussion, and a written test.
Current BLS and ACLS (for ACLS renewals only)
Advanced care healthcare providers who regularly use ACLS, such as paramedics, nurses, PAs, and physicians who must also have a credential documenting successful completion of an ACLS course.
The textbook pictured below is the required version for this course. If your textbook does not look like the one below, you will have to purchase the appropriate textbook through APHE at checkout.
The textbook for each course is required at the course. If you do not have a textbook at the course, you will be expected to purchase one from the instructor.
Click a course to the right or narrow by location on our registration page.
No upcoming dates set. Contact APHE to express interest in this course.
I really enjoyed this class. I'm not going to say that I can save a life, but now I can put forth an effort to try.
- Municipal Fleet Mechanic, Heartsaver CPR/AED Participant
Adam was fantastic. I will call him for future trainings!
- Group Home Director, Heartsaver CPR/AED/First Aid Participant
All of it tonight was very good. I needed to refresh on this stuff. Very good instructors.
- Advanced EMT, PHTLS Provider Participant
Easy to take (location, dates, ease of signing up), and price.
- Resident Physician, ACLS Provider Recognition Participant
Instructor has a good sense of humor.
- Pharmacist, BLS for Healthcare Providers participant
Very, very good!
- Nurse Practitioner, ACLS Provider Recognition participant
Excellent. Thank you!
- RT/Director of Respiratory Department, ACLS Provider Recognition participant
I liked the course: Nikki is very cool/down to earth.
- C.N.A., BLS for Healthcare Providers participant
Nikki was great! She delivered extremely valuable information that I was unaware of in other CPR courses. I really enjoyed the class.
- RN, BLS for Healthcare Providers participant
Enjoyed course. Instructor made it fun and it was easier to comprehend. The instructor made the hands-on seem more practical than courses I have taken before.
- BLS for Healthcare Providers participant
Very nice equipment. Everything worked, clean, and well taken-care of!
- Paramedic, BLS for Healthcare Providers participant
Excellent instructors, very knowledgeable, and learned a lot!
- RN, ACLS Provider Renewal participant
The presentation was very informative. The instructors showed enthusiasm. This course would be useful to any hospital emergency room staff.
- RN, PHTLS Provider participant