The participants who complete this training program will be certified by the American Heart Association® (AHA®) as a First Aid Provider. After completing an online course you will demonstrate checking a victim, taking off gloves, stopping bleeding, and administering an epinephrine pen. American Heart Association certification eCard provided. *This class WILL NOT satisfy requirements for anyone needing CPR AED certification. This class may be taken in addition to CPR AED training.
One hour with practical skills test.
Complete online "Heartsaver First Aid - Part 1" course (available when registering for class).
Satisfies school and license requirements for First Aid certification. *This is NOT the Healthcare Provider CPR required by hospitals and nursing programs.
Online Key: $20
When you purchase an online key, you receive complimentary online access to an electronic version of the textbook. If you would like to purchase a physical textbook, the most current textbook is pictured here. It can be added to your order at checkout.
An online component is required in order to complete this course. If you have not already completed the online course, add an Online Key at checkout.
Click a course to the right or narrow by location on our registration page.
No upcoming dates set. Contact APHE to express interest in this course.
Thank you for doing such a great job getting us thru ACLS! I appreciated your laid back and humorous approach.
- RN, ACLS renewal participant
Good practice time, very helpful knowledge!!
- Attorney, Heartsaver CPR/AED Participant
Good instructor. Thorough, yet enjoyable. Would recommend this course.
- Physician, ACLS Renewal Participant
Thanks again for teaching the ACLS course. Your mix of humor, in-depth background knowledge, and experience made for an enjoyable course that helped build confidence in my ability to run a code. I definitely feel ready...Thanks!
- Emergency Medicine Resident Physician, ACLS Provider Recognition Provider
Very clear, efficient, and informative. Great class!
- Nursing Student, BLS for Healthcare Provider Renewal Participant
Material well-summarize with key teaching point identified—excellent!
- Emergency Medicine Physician, ACLS Provider Renewal participant
I liked the course—Nikki’s very cool and down to earth.
- CNA, BLS for Healthcare Providers participant
Thanks much. Thanks for the explanations on why we are doing what we do, i.e. abdominal thrusts, chest compressions, etc.
- RN, BLS for Healthcare Providers participant
Thank you for making it interesting and adding humor.
- PA, ACLS Provider Recognition participant
Adam was excellent. He took time to explain and answer questions.
- Pharmacist, ACLS Provider Recognition participant
I liked that the instructor critiqued us while we were doing it—instead of lining up and ‘passing.’ I wasn’t as nervous and felt I did better.
- Nursing student, BLS for Healthcare Providers participant
Very practical class. Feel efficiently trained.
- High School teacher, Heartsaver CPR/AED/First Aid participant
This course was wonderful. I appreciate how relaxed but effective it was. Thanks for letting me reschedule. I will definitely come back if I take other courses. Great class overall!
- RN, ACLS Provider Recognition participant
This course was excellent! A lot of information but presented clearly and with adequate practice time. Thank you!
- Nursing Student, ACLS Participant