The participants who complete this training program will be certified by the American Academy of Pediatrics® (AAP®) and American Heart Association® (AHA®) as a PEARS Provider. This course is designed for medical providers (EMTs, LPNs, RNs not in emergency or intensive care) to review how to assess, care for and resuscitate pediatric patients with respiratory, shock, and cardiac emergencies. With this training, you can better understand how to reduce mortality of pediatric patients. Skills and treatments of potential and actual pediatric victims of cardiopulmonary emergencies. Skills include respiratory management, defibrillation, fluid administration, and team dynamics, with emphasis on high quality CPR. American Heart Association certification card provided.
Eight hours for recognition and renewal, with DVD presentation, lecture, practical application, written test, and skills test.
Current CPR Certification
All healthcare providers, such as EMTs, nurses, nurse aids, technicians, and unit clerks who may respond to pediatric emergencies and resuscitation. May also be for advanced level providers on years opposite PALS certification.
The textbook pictured below is the required version for this course. If your textbook does not look like the one below, you will have to purchase the appropriate textbook through APHE at checkout.
The textbook for each course is required at the course. If you do not have a textbook at the course, you will be expected to purchase one from the instructor.
Click a course to the right or narrow by location on our registration page.
No upcoming dates set. Contact APHE to express interest in this course.
Nice Job Adam, I have heard from my staff in ACD that the [ACLS] classes have gone very well. Thanks for helping us out.
- Cardiac Care Unit Nurse Educator
Good training. Appreciate the teaching and hands-on time.
- Resident Physician, ACLS Provider Recognition participant
Enjoyed his sense of humor.
- Oncologist, ACLS Provider Renewal participant
Adam did a good job explaining new issues/material. Very thorough with his teaching. Would recommend him for any class, any level of healthcare. He does a great job!
- Assistant Fire Chief/Paramedic, ACLS Provider Renewal participant
Best ACLS renewal class ever taken—good practical scenarios and application of information.
- Cardiovascular Lab RN, ACLS Provider Renewal participant
Great class, informal, relaxed—good environment to learn in.
- RN/House Supervisor, ACLS Provider Renewal participant
Adam did a great job presenting the material and made the class enjoyable.
- RN, ACLS Provider Renewal participant
Good approach. Kept it moving along so I didn’t get bored.
- Organ Procurement Coordinator, BLS for Healthcare Providers participant
Great class. Instructor interacted with class very well.
- Neighborhood Services Director, Heartsaver CPR/AED participant
- Public Works employee, Heartsaver CPR/AED participant
I enjoyed the relaxed nature of the course, yet the instructor gave realistic information for my use. Very well done.
- Chiropractor, BLS for Healthcare Providers participant
Thanks! CPR made simple!
- Public Health Nurse, BLS for Healthcare Providers participant
This was my first time taking ACLS, and I learned a lot! Thank you, Adam!
- RN, ACLS Provider Recognition participant
Nicole is very organized and very thorough! Great class!
- PA Student, ECG Course Participant
Perfect for my needs, clear and concise.
- RN, BLS for Healthcare Providers Participant