Prepares instructors to teach AHA Pediatric Emergency Assessment, Resuscitation, and Stabilization (PEARS) Course.
Eight hours, with a DVD presentation, practical application, written test, and skills test. Must also complete separately scheduled monitoring to prove competency with presentation skills and group leadership skills.
Current PALS or PEARS certification. Also, complete online "PEARS Instructor Essentials" course (available when registering for class).
Any current PALS or PEARS provider interested in providing training in American Heart Association PEARS Courses. Must have training center to align with. Please contact our office for more information.
Online Key: $35
The textbook pictured below is the required version for this course. If your textbook does not look like the one below, you will have to purchase the appropriate textbook through APHE at checkout.
The textbook for each course is required at the course. If you do not have a textbook at the course, you will be expected to purchase one from the instructor.
Click a course to the right or narrow by location on our registration page.
No upcoming dates set. Contact APHE to express interest in this course.
Adam is thorough and entertaining. Course moved along, but not rushed. Instructor made sure everyone knows how to perform skills.
- Maintenance worker, Heartsaver CPR/AED Participant
Thanks for the lunches and laughs and comfortable surroundings.
- EMT Advanced, AMLS Participant
Course was conducted very professionally; learned some new information. Thanks!
- MD, ACLS Provider Renewal Participant
Thanks for the great info! You did a great job!
- RN, ACLS Provider Recognition Participant
Explanations were very thorough. Used various alternate comparisons to help with those that could not understand. Interesting to listen to & very knowledgeable.
- Advanced EMT, PHTLS Provider Participant
Easy to take (location, dates, ease of signing up), and price.
- Resident Physician, ACLS Provider Recognition Participant
Instructor has a good sense of humor.
- Pharmacist, BLS for Healthcare Providers participant
Convenient, need a course that was nearby and soon! Excellent instruction! Comfortable facility—great temperature, lighting, furniture, and floor space.
- RN, BLS for Healthcare Providers participant
Very well-taught and learned a lot of new and possible future protocols for ACLS.
- Paramedic, ACLS Provider Renewal participant
It was a great class. The instructor knew what he was doing and did a great job of keeping the class fun and informative.
- Nursing Student, BLS for Healthcare Providers participant
Adam did a great job presenting the material and made the class enjoyable.
- RN, ACLS Provider Renewal participant
Very relatable and practical information. Good presenter.
- High school principal, Heartsaver CPR/AED participant
Excellent lecture, excellent speakers. Perfect!
- Paramedic, ACLS for Experienced Providers participant
Very informative, liked performing with the video. Atmosphere was nice and relaxed.
- MD, BLS for Healthcare Providers participant
Brenda did an excellent job in teaching the class. Very professional.
- Nursing Student, PALS Participant