K-12 schools get a $15/person discount on the listed Heartsaver class prices.
Basic CPR & AED skills for adults, children, and infants. Not for certification--informational only.
Three hours, with DVD presentation and practical application.
This course is designed for people not in medical professions for informational purposes.*This is NOT the Healthcare Provider CPR required by hospitals and medical education programs.
The textbook pictured below is the required version for this course. If your textbook does not look like the one below, you will have to purchase the appropriate textbook through APHE at checkout.
The textbook for each course is required at the course. If you do not have a textbook at the course, you will be expected to purchase one from the instructor.
Click a course to the right or narrow by location on our registration page.
No upcoming dates set. Contact APHE to express interest in this course.
Instructor does an excellent job answering questions and bringing things to understandable level. Good examples given and keeps the class interesting.
- Physical Therapist, ACLS Recognition Participant
Loved not having the stressful area and situations.
- RN, BLS for Healthcare Providers Participant
Nikki game some good suggestions and scenarios; best pace for class. Angie is good instructor; appreciated the extra effort. Adam very positive.
- RRT, ACLS Provider Recognition Participant
I was very impressed with how this course was set up and run. Compared to my previous ACLS course with a different group, this allowed for much more time for teaching and discussion. The relaxed atmosphere also was greatly appreciated!
- Resident Physician, ACLS Provider Recognition participant
I felt the instructor was very energetic and made everything clear. Answered all questions, very pleasant personality, put things in simple terms for people with no previous medical knowledge. Went beyond what an average instructor would normally teach! A++.
- RN, BLS for Healthcare Providers participant
Adam’s way of teaching makes the information more memorable and fun.
- Intermediate, PHTLS Provider participant
It was a great class. The instructor knew what he was doing and did a great job of keeping the class fun and informative.
- Nursing Student, BLS for Healthcare Providers participant
Adam made the class interesting and fun. I was able to understand and learn.
- RN, ACLS Provider Recognition participant
Adam is a very good instructor. Very knowledgeable.
- Elementary school teacher, Heartsaver CPR/AED participant
Adam’s presentation was enjoyable and effective. Thank you!
- Dental Hygienist, BLS for Healthcare Providers participant
Class is very educational. The teacher is knowledgeable.
- Librarian, Heartsaver CPR/AED participant
Instructor knowledgeable and personable.
- Athletic Trainer, BLS for Healthcare Providers participant
I am staff at several hospitals; however I choose to take this class through APHE because I learn more and can apply what I learn clinically. After all these years, finally a re-certification that is enjoyable!
- RN, ACLS Renewal Participant
Thanks for making what I expected to be another dull, routine BLS class about as enjoyable as you can while still getting important info across!
- CNA, BLS for Healthcare Providers Participant
Very good presentations and practical info and application.
- Medical Assistant, BLS for Healthcare Providers Participant