This is a quick and easy recipe to make homemade kale chips.
- Preheat oven to 350
- Use roughly a stuffed grocery store veggie bag or about a regular salad bowl’s worth of kale
- Tear the leaves off the thick stems into bite size pieces
- Briefly soak, then drain, and dry the kale (salad spinners work great)
- It is really important to ensure the kale is dried to prevent it from steaming
- Spread out evenly on cookie sheets
- Wipe the cookie sheet with oil or use cooking spray to prevent the kale from sticking to the sheets
- Keeping space between the edges of the leaves will result in the chips being crispier
- Drizzle with about 2 teaspoons of your favorite olive oil
- Sprinkle with the seasonings of your choice such as the ones below. Plus a sprinkle of kosher salt.
- Chili Powder
- Bake for about 15 minutes
- When the edges are brown and kale is crispy it is done
The final product is just like chips. Putting a good bit of kosher salt on them will make them similar to salty fries or chips.