The participants who complete this training program will be certified by the National Association of Emergency Medical Technicians® (NAEMT®) as a PHTLS Provider. This course is designed to give EMS the tools to more effectively understand, assess, and treat trauma patients. With this training, you can not only better understand how trauma occurs but also reduce morbidity and mortality of trauma patients. We will discuss evaluation, stabilization, and resuscitation techniques with skills for management of the trauma patient. You will provide better care for patients by understanding how different types of trauma and shock affect the body. NAEMT certification card provided.
Sixteen hours, with presentation, lecture, practical application, a written test, and a skills test.
Health Care Provider
Prehospital healthcare providers, such as EMT-Basics, Intermediate Technicians, Intermediates, Paramedics and First Responders. Also beneficial for Urgent Care and Emergency Department staff.
The textbook pictured below is the required version for this course. If your textbook does not look like the one below, you will have to purchase the appropriate textbook through APHE at checkout.
The textbook for each course is required at the course. If you do not have a textbook at the course, you will be expected to purchase one from the instructor.
Click a course to the right or narrow by location on our registration page.
No upcoming dates set. Contact APHE to express interest in this course.
Instructor was clear and easy to understand. He made the course enjoyable. Very willing to work with dates to schedule course and come to our office.
- Dental hygienist, BLS for Healthcare Providers participant
Great course, even better instructor! Will definitely recommend class to others!
- RN, ACLS Provider Recognition Participant
Nikki is very thorough—she is a very good teacher!
- CNA, BLS for Healthcare Providers participant
Overall, it was a great experienced. I feel I learned a lot.
- Nursing Student, BLS for Healthcare Providers participant
[Instructor] Very willing to answer questions, never made you feel less of a person for asking.
- C.N.A., BLS for Healthcare Providers participant
Class was very enjoyable.
- RN, ACLS Provider Renewal participant
- Child Care Specialist, Heartsaver CPR/AED participant
Very active and lively—explained everything in detail.
- RN, BLS for Healthcare Providers participant
Very informative! Well Put Together!
- Paramedic, ACLS for Experienced Providers participant
Thanks! CPR made simple!
- Public Health Nurse, BLS for Healthcare Providers participant
Adam is sharp on the theory behind ACLS intervention. I learned a lot!
- Paramedic, ACLS Provider Renewal course
Excellent class, you kept it interesting, allowed side stories, but kept it moving. Thanks!
- Army Healthcare Specialist, BLS for Healthcare Providers participant
Great instructor, it made the time go much faster, effective teaching.
- LPN, ACLS Renewal Participant
The instructors communicated the information clearly and thoroughly.
- Nursing Student, BLS for Healthcare Providers Participant