The participants who complete this training program will be certified by the American Red Cross® (ARC®) as a First Aid & CPR/AED Provider. You will learn to perform CPR and use an AED for adults, children, and infants and relieve choking in adults, children, and infants. You will also learn to manage illness and injury until professional help arrives. Includes general principles, medical emergencies, injury management, and environmental emergencies. American Red Cross certification card provided. *This class will satisfy requirements for non-health care programs, including licenses requiring CPR AED. This class WILL NOT fulfill requirements for healthcare education programs at all Wisconsin colleges, universities, and technical colleges.
5-6 hours, with video presentation, lecture, practical application & skills tests.
Satisfies school and license requirements for CPR/AED and First Aid certification. *This is NOT the Healthcare Provider CPR required by hospitals and nursing programs.
The Textbook shown is the required version for this course. If your textbook does not look like the one below, please add either a physical book or eBook to your order when registering for the course. If your course is within five days, please purchase an eBook, as we cannot guarantee delivery of a physical book prior to your course.
The textbook for each course is required at the course. There is a written exam at the end of the course, and it is an open book test. It is necessary for you to have your own book.
Click a course to the right or narrow by location on our registration page.
No upcoming dates set. Contact APHE to express interest in this course.
Instructor does an excellent job answering questions and bringing things to understandable level. Good examples given and keeps the class interesting.
- Physical Therapist, ACLS Recognition Participant
Very enjoyable, better than refresher, and great learning tool! I found it all beneficial!
- EMT, AMLS Participant
Thanks, Nikki! Good experience. Fast, clear, easily understandable and to the point. Well worth my time.
- Nursing student, BLS for Healthcare Providers participant
Very, very good!
- Nurse Practitioner, ACLS Provider Recognition participant
Adam has an amazing ability to break down complex information and teach it to others in a meaningful way. He is the best of the best instructors.
- Nurse Practitioner, BLS for Healthcare Providers & ACLS Recognition Provider participant
Material well-summarized with key teaching points identified—excellent!
- RRT, BLS for Healthcare Providers participant
Instructor was thorough and explained things well. His humor helped with such a late class.
- Occupational Therapist, BLS for Healthcare Providers participant
Easy to enroll, practical teaching approach, with real scenarios and examples.
- Paramedic/Deputy Director of Operations, ACLS Provider Renewal participant
Great course—to the point—easy to understand.
- Nursing Student, BLS for Healthcare Providers participant
Excellent instructors, very knowledgeable, and learned a lot!
- RN, ACLS Provider Renewal participant
Adam is a very good instructor. Very knowledgeable.
- Elementary school teacher, Heartsaver CPR/AED participant
Very funny! Made it fun!
- Child care specialist, Heartsaver CPR/AED participant
Convenient location; instructor was very informative, knowledgeable, and made us comfortable with CPR.
- C.N.A., BLS for Healthcare Providers participant
This was awesome. Learned a lot in a great environment.
- Medical Assistant, BLS for Healthcare Providers Participant