The participants who complete this training program will be certified by the American Red Cross® (ARC®) as a First Aid Provider. You will learn to manage illness and injury until professional help arrives. Includes general principles, medical emergencies, injury management, and relieve choking in adults, children, and infants, and environmental emergencies. American Red Cross certification card provided. *This class WILL NOT satisfy requirements for anyone needing CPR AED certification. This class may be taken in addition to CPR AED training.
Four hours, with DVD presentation, practical application, and skills test.
Satisfies school and license requirements for First Aid certification. *This is NOT the Healthcare Provider CPR required by hospitals and nursing programs.
The textbook pictured below is the required version for this course. If your textbook does not look like the one below, you will have to purchase the appropriate textbook through APHE at checkout.
The textbook for each course is required at the course. If you do not have a textbook at the course, you will be expected to purchase one from the instructor.
Click a course to the right or narrow by location on our registration page.
No upcoming dates set. Contact APHE to express interest in this course.
Adam, you made it fun. I learned new things. I got it! Thanks!
- RN, ACLS renewal participant
I really enjoyed this class. I'm not going to say that I can save a life, but now I can put forth an effort to try.
- Municipal Fleet Mechanic, Heartsaver CPR/AED Participant
Excellent explanations given, good interaction with students.
- EMT, PHTLS Provider Participant
Needed refresher and took other classes with APHE—Excellent as always!
- Paramedic, PALS Provider Renewal Participant
I was very satisfied with the course and instructor. She was very organized and very thorough. Very willing to take time for questions and make sure everyone understood. Thank you!
- Physician, BLS for Healthcare Provider Recognition Participant
Great job! Much better than my previous ACLS course.
- RN, ACLS Provider Renewal Participant
Presenters were both very knowledgeable about the materials presented.
- RN, AMLS Provider participant
That lady was awesome! You can’t ask for a better teacher. She makes sure you understand everything. The up the good work!
- C.N.A., BLS for Healthcare Providers participant
Very friendly—cooperative—great customer service!
- RN, BLS for Healthcare Providers participant
Both presenters were very knowledgeable of the topic material. I enjoyed meeting and learning from you both. Thank you!
- RN, PHTLS Provider participant
Adam is a very good teacher and easy to talk to.
- Dental Hygienist, BLS for Healthcare Providers participant
Excellent lecture, excellent speakers. Perfect!
- Paramedic, ACLS for Experienced Providers participant
Very practical class. Feel efficiently trained.
- High School teacher, Heartsaver CPR/AED/First Aid participant
I thought the instructors did a great job. Very knowledgeable and helpful. Gave some really good pointers and can honestly say I am glad I took the full course. Learned a lot.
- RT Student, ECG Course Participant
Adam made the course easy to understand and applicable to real life situations. Great job!
- RN, ACLS Renewal Participant